Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Living the moment

The experience of living in the moment, I now understand. A lecturer of mine once reminded us to live in the present (this very moment), not in the past nor for the future. Do what we have to do right now and not later. It's a pretty simple concept actually, and you may say its common sense. We all know it. Of course! But do we ever really live in this very moment without wanting the next moment to come faster or slower?

My coursemates and I have just finished our degree course. Many have already started looking for jobs, internships, scholarships to further their studies and maybe many like me, taking it easy in the meantime, while we wait for the durians to drop.

As advance as our smartphones and internet connections have become, we seemed to have forgotten the person sitting beside us. We all know these technologies have greatly helped us in making things move faster, thus saving us more time for "other things". Well, I may be stating the obvious here, but I think you get my point. We may end up like in that Bruce Willis movie, The Surrogates, but that would be an extreme scenario, I hope.

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell the world that I'm already missing my friends. To my besties, Alen, ky, cw, and pk, I miss you all v. v. much. Those times when we crack up into laughing fits, pan mee for lunch and dinners, moo cows and many more, I will cherish them forever. Thank you for letting me live the moment! Let no distance or boundaries separate us. Ever.

No comments: