Tuesday, 31 March 2009

My NS experience

After 3 months without blogging, I'm beginning to feel awkward already.

I'm back!!
National Service was such an experience for me. My camp, De' Bana, located just behind the forest mountains always had beautiful sceneries. Though I always regret for not having my camera with me. The sky looks very different over there whether it's early in the morning, afternoon or dusk or even at night. The night sky is what my friends and I will look forward to every night. We would just tilt our heads and just stare at the twinkling stars. There was once me and my friend, Ah Kuan sneaked out from our dorm and went to enjoy the beautiful night sky. Like two cats sitting on the wall watching the moon. LOL. That night the moon really looked like a sunny-side fried egg! Really no kiddin'!

I met many friends there. My closest friends were all from my dorm - Dorm G. 10 of us all together. They are;
Su Yee - Big sister/mother (she really took care all of us!) not forgetting she likes to iron all her clothes, polish her shoes, wash her clothes and sweep the floor whenever she can! ^-^hehe...
Siew Kei - She looks quiet but when she starts telling us gossips, WOW! you'll be amazed what this gurl has to say!
Pei Ling - The gurl who has two teddy bears sleeping next to her every night but until I 'stole' one of it ( Sa De) during the night and returned it by morning! hehe.. And she's also Siew Yen's elder sister! (you'll know why later. see picture below)
Siew Yen - The gurl who actually completed her diary since the beginning to the last day of camp. And she hates to wear baju kurung! "This will be my first and last time I'll ever put this on!!!" (don't ever force her or you'll regret)
Me - The 'smart' lazy bum, who will plan all her chores carefully and 'efficiently' just so that she doesn't have to do so much work! (thanks for polishing my boots, gals!! ^-^ hehehe...)
Ah Kuan - She is everyone's friend. Wherever she goes she makes a friend or two. But when she doesn't like you, she can stab you not only from the front but from all sides! Beware!! LOL
Ying Li - Whenever you see people gossiping, you'll see her too.
ZhiYing - The very 'yeng' (cool) gal who likes to eat and sleep but can still stay so slim! She's also just like me, another lazy bum, but when it comes to doing sit ups, she's all for it!
Yee Ling - nicknamed: Ice-cream. She's sweet, friendly, wise and always the first to be ready. On weekdays she'll hang out with us but on weekends she hangs out more with her phone! ;)
and Angela - A 3 year old child. (Lain takda apa, HABIS!) :P
(the names are arranged in order from the eldest to the oldest).
Actually, there was another friend from the Dorm G but she had left early(exempted). Xiao Bi - She wanted to go home so badly, she manage to convince the officials and the doctors till they had to let her go! Oh ya, she was the one who nicknamed me Apple. :)

We did almost everything together whether it is eating, laughing, sleeping, playing, polishing the boots or even 'baking cake'! The best part was when we played water fights in the toilet. Got warnings from the teachers but we still continued anyway. What's more the toilet was cleaner after playing. LOL.

The activities we did were actually first times for most of us. For me I enjoyed:
Kayaking - my first time swimming in the muddy pond with a life jacket and also kayaking. There was also a competition it. My partner was Su Yee. Both of us planned out theoretically and in much detail of how to steer and paddle the kayak since we did not have any experience at all! Though our team did not win, but I was really proud that me and Su Yee manage to row the boat so swiftly without any hassle. But most of all we enjoyed it!
Flying fox - I don't know if I would ever do it again. Climbing up the tower gave the shivers already! Talk about the person who is damn afraid of heights or even just walking over drain grills! But it was real FUN!! ;)
Shooting with a M16 - I scored 96 out of 100!
Camping in the jungle - The worst part was when we were trekking up the hills. But building the tent was an experience itself. What's more cooking our own meals!

Honestly, 3 months of experience cannot be written in these few short paragraphs... ;)


My company's flag



We even got to celebrate our birthdays!


Yup, you've guessed it! This is Dorm G

Graduated!!!

2 comments:

wschow said...

lol, wer is my name..
y i din see it inside ter...
at least u put something sounds
"finally, i hv one more fren named chow, he's wonderful n caring."
haha

KyM said...

haha!
lol..sorry lo..
somehow your name dint come into my head when I was writing it.. hehehe..
Dont worry..when I'm free then I'll go edit...saying; oh ya, and not forgetting Chow.. He's such a ***** and a *****! LOL ;)