It was such a last minute holiday plan. Most of the hotels were fully booked except for a few vacant rooms which were quite pricey. So, after being persuaded by my dad, we booked into one of those guest houses, located a couple of streets away from Jonker Street. At first I found it kinda dodgy about the place. But what the heck, if I don't try it I won't know what it'll be like staying in a place like this. Such an old building! To tell you the truth, it's not that bad. Well furnished and all. But it din't really matter anyway, since we din't spend much time in the room. Though I find these buildings quite unique. Looks small from the front view but when you go inside, it can be a mile long! LOL.
Jonker Street wasn't that exciting. Almost every shop was selling the same items. But the food there is good. Especially the Nyonya cuisines! Besides that, I was busy snapping pictures of the buildings and people.
I was actually interested to go to the beach side. And to see that there's no more beach because most of it has turned into reclaimed land!
Going to a historical city and not visiting the museums? Besides the Stadyus, the rest of it are not worth going at all! Seriously!
No comments:
Post a Comment