Came to school approximately 2mins before the school bell rang. Rushed to the kuliah bakti to sit for the UNSW English paper. I tell you, it was super-duperly difficult! Won't be surprised if I flung the paper. But hopefully NOT. Anyways, I handed in my paper 5mins before time was up. Then had to rush again, this time to the bus. We were going on a trip to FRIM. yay!
When we arrived at the place, everyone started spraying mosquito repellents on their hands and legs. Tarsha who said these repellents were "bad" for the environment started spraying on herself more than I did. Everyone came well prepared. We even brought salt just in case leeches come sucking our blood. Me however, wanted leeches to drink my blood.LOL. I've never been bitten by any of them before. So just for an experience, I don't mind. LOL. But sadly, there weren't any leeches. No one got bitten either. I guess from the pungent smell of the repellents around us had it scared off all the unwanted pest. Even the monkeys and wild boars which I was looking forward to meet!
We had a tour guide with us leading the way. We jungle-tracked our way into the forest while I was clicking away with my camera. Unfortunately, a camera can only take a stationary form of the forest and only a small part of it. You can actually feel the forest being alive when you're in it. Even though the part of the forest where we walked was a man-made forest, (man-made forest here I don't mean fake trees and animals, ya) the atmosphere was just as pleasant.
My phobia was tested to its limits when we walked on the canopy. My hands turned so cold even Pn Hamimah and Shin were aghast. Already when I'm afraid of walking on drain grills (those grills which are used to cover the drain la) what's more walking on those planks that CREAKS! Besides the horror of hanging high up above the ground, the scenery was pretty from up there.
Everyone was excited to see the waterfall because we were going to have our picnic there and then go play with the water. But the tour guide told us, before we reached, not to expect anything fancy about it as the waterfall was not really an attraction. True enough the waterfall was a very small one and had a man-made pond at the end of the stream which was where we played and swam. I didn't swim though, played in the cold water as high up my knees only.
No comments:
Post a Comment