Sunday, 3 August 2008

Our last performance...

So this is it. The form 5's last performance in the orchestra, played at the Musical Nite 2008. I don't know how I'm suppose to feel right now. Sad because it's the last? or happy because it's all over. Probably a mix of everything.LOL. I'm so used to perform for these kind of events, now that I feel like it's just another day with a performance in schedule. What can I say, I've been in this group ever since they introduced it again when I was in Form 2. Yes, Again. Many years ago, the school had an orchestra group. Then, I don't know what happened to it. Have to go ask the teachers... ;)

Anyways, we were all given a treat today, McD for dinner! Yay! Then, we all started getting ready. As usual, we will take extra long time getting ready; putting make-ups, tidying-up hairs, checking and double checking and rechecking how we all looked. I guess it's the nervousness feeling everyone was having which is very normal, even for the conductor, Mr R. Saw him all by himself at the pondok, in the dark playing a very emotic song on the violin.LOL. For me, I was trying to play a song or two on su ann's violin. Not because I was nervous but because almost everyone in the kuliah bakti was playing Canon in D. So, I decided to join in. And guess what, I dint know I have such talents! haha! Since i sucked at it so badly(LOL) I decided to play the Titanic theme song. I started teaching su ann how to play the song and before i know it, she was already playing the whole chorus which was so much better than me! O.o

Anyhow, this time we dint have to tie our hair in buns. *phew* We were so worried that Pn S would force us to tie buns again that during the practice before Pn P and Pn S came, we told Mr R to tell the teachers that we'll look horrid and all the crap we mentioned if we tie buns (just for an excuse). But he said he'll lose the case if he was to defend us because according to him, if the teachers ever ask him what does he knows of girls tying buns, beauty and what not, he wouldn't be able to answer! What's more the form 1s came ready with their hair in buns during the practice itself and we were worried again that it'll be a give away to the teachers. Luckily, they let us off this time even though i think they were a bit unhappy.

Merissa freaked out when I told her that she had left her guitar on the stage while the audience was already in the hall. And we weren't able to go in because we had our costumes on already. But we manage to get it after that. Not only that, when we were already lining up outside the hall waiting for our turn to go in, and there was Merissa still watching the performance while we were all ready with our instruments. This time she left her guitar in the kuliah bakti. I guessed it wasn't a day for her and her guitar. LOL

There were some technical errors with the sound system when the group before us was performing their dance. They had to repeat their dance a couple of times which only made us even more nervous. Then, it was finally our turn. Played our songs; Phantom of the Opera, Think of Me, Sempurna and Heal the World. All the guitarists have to admit that they didn't know how to play POTO. That includes me too. It was messy all over, strokes and everything but i doubt anyone noticed them because firstly we couldn't really be heard and we were mostly blocked from the view of the audience by the stands. Anyways, we had a duet with the choir. They sang Think of Me while we played the song. I was actually impressed they did the last part really well.(you know what i mean if you've been there) *a standing ovation*

After everything was over, everyone started packing and went back. My parents helped me gathered my stuffs and we made our way back home. Only after when i was back in my room, i noticed that I've forgotten about something really important. MY PHONE! Oh Nooo!! HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT MY PHONE!?!? Dang it! What's more, Pn P is gonna have my phone for the weekend! greeaatt... -.-

me signing out now... good nights...

No comments: