Friday, 12 December 2008

Don't Pay Me Back...Pay It Foward

I think it's an absolutely great concept. I don't really know who or where it originated from. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read, Benjamin Franklin was the one who introduced this idea. Anyways, it doesn't really matter. But as for those who does not know what it's all about, let me wrap it up in a nut shell for you.
Just say, if one day I've done a favour for you, instead of paying me back when you insist, you pay it back to another person who's in need of that help. Don't worry, there isn't any rules to this. All you need to do is to pay it forward in any forms you are capable of doing to anyone you want. Remember: It doesn't always have to be in forms of money.

In year 2000, this amazing concept has been made into movement. Based also on a book by Catherine Ryan Hyde, Pay It Forward. Most of you might have even watched the movie version also named Pay It Forward starred by Kevin Spacey, Haley Joel Osment and Helen Hunt. I greatly recommend this movie too. Very touching indeed.

Again, I believe it's a very good movement. And I greatly encourage anyone who knows about this will continue this good deed. As for me, I shall be doing my part too.


Click on these links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_it_forward or www.payitforwardfoundation.org if you want to learn more of it.

No comments: